Thursday, November 5, 2009

Read Aloud

I watched the video on the read aloud and found it rather interesting. I found the concept of text to text connections interesting. It makes the students think of how the book the teacher was reading makes them think of another book they have read. This is good to discuss similarities and differences between books. This is a good comprehension tool. Students were given an opportunity to share their text to text connection. Student's are asked to predict what is going to happen in the story. Then they read to see if their predictions are correct. The teacher had good classroom management. I liked the way she brought the class back together by stating,"come back to me in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1." Great way to get them back to focus on the lesson and book. The teacher kept the students actively engaged by asking questions througout the reading of the story. I liked how she would say "a good reader would" then she would state something a good reader would do and she would model it. This is good because students need to see that the teacher is doing it. I think this has more of an impact on the student than just telling them what to do. Great video.

2 comments:

  1. I thought the video was great. I was glad to see all of the children really involved with the story. She did a great job on getting the kids to focuse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video was great also. I am glad I learned different things as well.

    ReplyDelete