Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chapter 7: Picture Books

I found the whole chapter very interesting. I particularly liked the visual elements section that talks about line, color, shape, texture, design or composition. The reason I relate to this section is because I like to draw and I can relate to these terms. The section of forms of picture books was also interesting because I was not aware of the different forms such as alphabet, concept, pop-up, interactive, wordless, and predictable patterened language books. The Guidelines for Choosing Literature: Evaluating Picture Books was another interesting section that will help me see books from a different view point. There was not anything that I disagreed with or didn't like in this chapter. I found all the information helpful in learning how to select literature and what types are out there.

1 comment:

  1. David, I can appreciate you artistic view of chapter 7. I believe that using pictur books is a great way to convey an idea not expressed in text.

    ReplyDelete