Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Second Author: Mercer Myer

Mercer Mayer (born December 30, 1943 in Little Rock, Arkansas) is an American children's book writer and illustrator. He has published over 300 books using a wide range of illustrative styles (see his bibliography for a list). Mayer is probably best known for his "Little Critter" and "Little Monster" series of books.
This website also lists more of Mercer Mayer’s books.http://www.littlecritter.com/

There’s A Nightmare in my Closet. This book is about a nightmare in a little boy's closet. He knew it was there and finally got tired of being scared. He waited until the nightmare crept out of the closet and told him to go away. The nightmare began to cry. The boy felt sorry for him and let him sleep with him in his bed. This would be a great book to read about confronting your fears.
This website http://www.librarything.com/author/mayermercer lists more of Mercer Myer’s books.
Click here to see a picture of the book. http://www.librarything.com/work/4841598
My wife has at least half of Mayer's books in her class. Littler critter is one of her favorite characters.

2 comments:

  1. I remember reading Little Critter as a child. Great websites. I will use it for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to read There's a Nightmare in my Closet to my son who gets scared when I turn off all the lights. Lol sometimes I get scared too when I watch a scary movie. I will look up Mercer Myer to read some of her books, thanks.

    ReplyDelete